Saturday, March 17, 2007

 

West Volunteer Fire Department Cook-off


Went south to West for the annual West Volunteer Fire Dept. cook-off. This was my first entry in this event which annually draws a big crowd of cookers. In fact, most of the top cookers in Texas come to this event. The competition was tough to say the least. The event ended up with 101 teams entered. I hooked up with my buddies Tony, Eric and Robert and we cooked in the same general campsite. At the end of the day I didn't get a call to the stage despite some very tasty product. With a 101 teams and the top cookers you have to be on the very top of your game to get a call. Congrats to Eric for his 2nd place finish in chicken and to Robert for his 8th place finish in ribs. I'll be back to this one next year and try again. Those Czech folks in West know how to put it on.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?