Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

Ellis County (Waxahachie), TX - Ellis County Youth Expo Center Trade Days

Went to the cookoff this weekend in Waxahachie. They had a decent turnout, I guess about 18 teams. It was hot but not terribly hot. We were able to snag some free electricity from the pavilion building. Just enough to keep the AC running and the genset not running. I was pleased with my overall performance. I placed 7th in chicken and 8th in ribs. No money but it was my first time to win two ribbons. I guess that's progress. I was very disappointed with my brisket.
Every single digital thermometer I had failed. The one I thought I had working was giving false readings. I thought my brisket had hit 195 degrees but when i cut it I found it very undercooked and tough. I turned in some edge pieces bit they were not good enough. I'll have an analog thermometer with me for every cookoff from now on. Live and learn.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?