Monday, July 17, 2006

 

The Un-Egg

No cookoffs lately. I'm trying to go to two in August in hopes of qualifying for Meridian. I've been doing pretty well in the chicken category but never seem to get over the hump. Well I might have made progress this weekend. In an effort to make a juicier chicken, I thought I should try a ceramic cooker. Well, BGE's and Kamados are expensive, so I decided to make one. So here it is, The un-egg ceramic cooker.

I know, not a beauty queen, but it really worked. These ceramic pots were very heavy and held the heat very well. I put a couple of handles on the lid so I could easily lift it off and a good thermometer.

I cooked a whole chicken in about two hours and it was very moist. So you may see the un-Egg at my next cookoff appearance. Don't make too much fun of it.

Comments:
Nice blog. I hope you win some competitions !
I just started recording my BBQ excursions. Stop by for a look-see if you want to: http://californiagrillin.blogspot.com/
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?