Sunday, April 06, 2008

 

Blog Res-Que: Catching up since last year

Well if you were a regular follower of this blog, which I doubt any one is, you would think that I've stopped cooking and given up of my quest for a championship. Not True! I actually just got lazy about my posting and it's now time to catch up and get the blog back on track. There's really nothing spectacular to report. None the less, I've made some changes in a all three of the regular categories (brisket, ribs and chicken) and I'm starting to see some good results which I hope will increase the number of calls this year. So here's where I've been cooking since my last post from July 2007:

September 14-15, 2007: Springtown Wild West Festival and BBQ cook-off. I won an 8th place in brisket. 38 teams entered.

October 5-6, 2007: Keller Lion's Club Cook-off. No awards received. 57 teams entered.

October 12-14, 2007: 24th Annual Traders Village Open and the Obie Cue Backyard Chicken Challenge. I made the finals table in the Backyard Chicken Challenge. 123 teams entered.

October 26-27, 2007: National Championship BBQ Cook-off, Meridian, TX. I made the finals table in Ribs and won a discount coupon to the 2008 event. 140 teams entered.

February 22-23, 2008: Irving Elk's Lodge BBQ Cook-off. Made the finals table in brisket. 48 teams entered.

March 14-15, 2008: West Volunteer Fire Dept. Cook-off, West, TX. I made the finals in all three categories with 114 teams entered. I came real close on this one.

March 28-29, 2008: Irving Knights of Columbus BBQ Cook-off. Made 7th place in Ribs. 27 teams entered.

So that gets us up to date since last year. This year looks like another busy cooking year. My cooking buddy and I have been invited to cook for under the Lost Gonzo Team name in the American Royal In Kansas City later in the year and we just might do it. Meanwhile, the next cook-off is next weekend in Decatur, TX and I promise a full report after the event.

Comments:
I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
(BBQ)Brick Barbecue,Grill
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?